Preschool Montessor Teacher
This is a unique opportunity to start in school year 2017 – 2018 an authentic Catholic Montessori Pre School Program for 3, 4, and 5 year old children that includes the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, in a vibrant parish and established preschool. The Guide will understand and promote the Parish and Preschool’s mission, vision, policies, and objectives.
The Catholic Montessori Preschool Guide will lead a Montessori based Primary classroom.
• Work with students either in small groups or individually.
• Prepares materials, presentations, and lessons. (albums.)
• May lead in the teaching of level 1 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
• Keep open communication with parents on child's progress.
The Catholic Montessori Preschool Guide position shall meet the following criteria:
1) Prior experience in Montessori education.
2) BS in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent.
3) Certified in Primary Montessori Education.
4) Strong, active and vibrant Catholic faith life; faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
5) Must begin Level 1 of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd certification training, if not already trained.
Current PA Clearances (child abuse, criminal, fingerprinting, Act 168)
Act 126 Certificate (Mandated Reporter Training). Visit http://reportabusepa.pitt.edu for training program or visit diopitt.org for link to Protection of Children and Youth to access live sessions of the Mandated Reporter Training.
Creates the planning and implementation of classroom activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children via the Montessori Methodology.
Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning and developmental activities of the children and for the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom. -
Help to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment. -
Support normal care giving routines. -
Foster positive discipline and communication in the classroom consistent with Montessori Methodology.
Maintain a professional team environment. -
Participate in required training, scheduled supervision, and required meetings. -
Participate in preschool or parish activities, and other duties as requested.
This is a Part Time position usually 20-24 hours a week, Monday - Friday mornings, during the Preschool year. Days and hours may vary, due to the needs of the Preschool. Since the program will be in its infancy, the position will begin in June 2017, to help create and organize the classroom.
This Position reports directly to the Director of the Preschool.
Referral Diocese of Pittsburgh, 2900 Noblestown Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205-4227, (412) 456-3100
How to Apply:
(Resumes accepted through 04/30/2017)
Send, email or fax, cover letter, and resume to:
Deacon Cliff Homer, Pastoral Associate
St Catherine of Sweden Parish
2554 Wildwood Rd Allison Park PA 15101