Annunciation, North Side
This parish is presently located at:
The Church of the Annunciation was founded in 1893 on the North Side. A temporary church was built on Norwood Ave. and dedicated on June 11, 1893. Work on the existing church, located at the corner of Norwood and North Charles Streets began on March 26, 1904. The cornerstone of the church was laid on September 4, 1904 and the finished building was dedicated on November 12, 1905.
As part of the Diocesan reorganization and revitalization, Annunciation merged with Nativity parish in 1993 to form the new Incarnation of the Lord Parish. The church building remained open after the merger and was used as a worship site for the new parish. However, even after the merger, the population of the new parish continued to drop. By the year 2001, the congregation had fallen to the point that it was no longer feasible to keep two church buildings open. Annunciation church was closed on June 10, 2001.