Saturday Vigil: 5:30pm
Weekdays: T 9:00 a.m.
Saturdays5:10 p.m. or by appointment (call the admin center office)
Administrative Center:126 Church Street
Bentleyville, PA 15314-1406
Phone: (724) 209-1370 Ext. 412
Ave Maria was established on February 12, 1994, as part of the diocesan reorganization and revitalization program. The parish was formed by merging St. Clement, Ellsworth; St. Joseph, Cokeburg; and St. Luke, Bentleyville. St. Joseph Church was closed and later sold. Originally, both St. Clement and St. Luke parishes remained open and served the parish. However, as the congregation continued to drop, the parish decided that it was not practical to maintain two church buildings. On September 30, 2001, St. Clement Church was closed.
This, however, was not the end of consolidation of ministry in the area. In 2015, the diocese began a study to determine the best use of existing resources for ministry, service and evangelization. The study recommended that Ave Maria be merged with four other area parishes. The recommendations were accepted and on January 8, 2017 the merger formally took place, creating the new St. Katharine Drexel Parish. As part of the consolidation, Ave Maria Church remained open to be used for occasional worship.