Divine Mercy

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield
Javascript is required to view this map.

Cemetery: Saint Mary:

2927 Clayton Rd (Chippewa Township)
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Phone: 724-843-4704

Religious Education: St. Philomena Parish:

3908 6th Ave
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Phone: 724-601-8301

Administrative Center:

605 10th St
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Phone: 724-846-4585
Fax: 724-846-6868

School: Divine Mercy Academy:

609 10th St
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Phone: 724-846-5955
Fax: 724-846-1894


Additional Information:

Parish ID:

12501

Open Date:

1994

Neighborhoods Served:

Beaver Falls

Parish History

Divine Mercy was established on February 12, 1994, as part of the diocesan reorganization and revitalization program.  The parish was formed by the merger of the two existing parishes in Beaver Falls, Holy Trinity and St. Mary.  Both church buildings remain opened and served the new parish after the merger.  However, the parish later determined that they did not need two church buildings.  On March 19, 2012, the parish closed Holy Trinity Church.  The former St. Mary Church was re-titled Divine Mercy Church.

This lasted for little more than a year.  On July 15, 2013, Divine Mercy was merged with three other parishes -- St. Philomena, Beaver Falls; Christ the Divine Teacher, Chippewa Twp. and St. Rose of Lima, Darlington -- to form the new St. Monica Parish.  After the merger, Divine Mercy Church closed.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Divine Mercy Church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
Divine Mercy Parish Map.pdf117.22 KB