Guardian Angels

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.

Sunday: 11:00 a.m.

Weekdays: T/Th 8:30 a.m.

Confessions:

Second & Fourth Saturday of the month: 3:00 p.m.; or by appointment

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

114 Berry Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15205


Church Building: Saint Martin:

1030 Logue St
Pittsburgh, PA 15220


Religious Education:

1030 Logue St
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Phone: 412-921-3223


Clergy:

Rev. Robert W. Herrmann, In Residence
Rev. Joseph C. Scheib, JCL, Residence

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

16401

Open Date:

1994

Neighborhoods Served:

West End

Parish History

Guardian Angels was established in 1994 as part of the diocese's reorganization and revitalization project.  The parish was formed by merging three West End parishes -- St. James, St. Martin and Guardian Angels.  Of the three churches, the first two remained open at first to serve the new parish.  The third church, Guardian Angels, closed after the merger and was sold soon after.  In late 2003, an inspection of St. James Church disclosed that the building had severe structural damage that made it unsafe.  Beginning on January 5, 2004, the parish suspended Masses in the church. Faced with a declining congregation and high repair costs to the church, the parish decided to close the building.  A final Mass was celebrated in St. James on May 16, 2004.

However, the congregation continued to drop and costs continued to increase, making it impossible for the parish to remain independent.  On August 1, 2016, Guardian Angels parish was absorbed by St. Philip Parish, Crafton.  As part of the merger, Guardian Angels Church closed.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. James Church, 2001
Interior of St. James, 2001
St. Martin Church, 2001
Interior of St. Martin, 2001

File Attachments: