Guardian Angels, Southview
This parish is presently located at:
Guardian Angels was founded in 1943. The origin of the parish can be traced to September 9, 1915, when a member of the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine conducted the first catechism class in the area. The first Mass was celebrated on Christmas of that year in a rented theater. Until 1943, priests from the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine regularly visited the community to offer Mass, using the town's Community Building. In 1943 the MCCD purchased the Community Building and converted it to a church. On November 28, 1943, the church was dedicated. The next year, the new parish became a mission of St. Elizabeth in Lawrence.
Due to a shrinking population and a shortage of priests, the parish, along with St. Elizabeth, were merged with St. Mary of Cecil. The Guardian Angels church building was sold shortly afterwards.