Holy Family, Creighton
Saturday Vigil: 5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m.
Weekdays: T/Th 8:00 a.m.
After 5:30 p.m. Mass
Administrative Center:787 Freeport Rd
Creighton, PA 15030
Religious Education:787 Freeport Rd
Creighton , PA 15030
Holy Family parish was founded in 1949. The beginning of the parish can be traced back to 1942, when a group of local Catholics began exploring the possibility of building a local church. Working closely with the pastor of St. Clement parish, Tarentum, the group received permission from the diocese to collect money for a Mission Chapel in July 1944. Sufficient funds were collected in July to enable the purchase of a barn on Crawford Run Road. After extensive renovation, the Mission Chapel was opened on December 24, 1947.
Until 1949, the unnamed chapel continued to be a mission of St. Clement. This era of the parish ended on March 26, 1949, when the new parish of Holy Family was officially established. During the 1950's, additional renovations were made to the building. However, by the end of the decade, it became obvious that a larger structure was needed. On July 10, 1960, ground breaking for a new church took place. The cornerstone of the new church was laid on January 8, 1961. The last Mass in the old church was celebrated on March 29, 1961 and on July 8, 1961, the new church was dedicated.