M/W/F at 8:30 am
HV 6:30 pm
H 8:15 am
1st and 3rd Saturday
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Administrative Center:114 Berry Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Holy Innocents was established in 1900. Before the parish was founded, local Catholics had to make a difficult trek to St. Philip, Crafton to attend Mass. In 1900 a group of local Catholics met to discuss the need for a church in Sheraden. The result of the meeting was a petition to the bishop for a parish. The bishop agreed and the first Mass in the new parish was celebrated in Clements Hall on September 23, 1900, by the pastor of St. Philip. The resident pastor arrived shortly afterwards. Until the parish built a church, Clements Hall was used for Sunday Masses.
The next year the parish bought land and began work on a church. The first Mass was celebrated in the new church on January 5, 1902. This church served the community for two decades. In 1924 the congregation had outgrown the first church. On April 21, 1924, the last Mass was celebrated in the old church, which was razed afterwards. Until the new church was finished, the auditorium of the school was renovated to serve as a temporary church. Ground was broken for the new church on April 29, 1924. The cornerstone was laid on June 29, 1924, and the completed building was dedicated on June 21, 1925. This church continues to serve the parish today.