Holy Trinity, McKeesport
This parish is presently located at:
Holy Trinity parish was founded in 1895 as a Slovak ethnic parish. The establishment of the church was the result of Slovak immigration into the area to work in the mills. In 1895 a former synagogue was purchased and renovated as a church. This served as the parish church until 1911 when a new building was constructed.
This church has served the community since then. The interior was renovated in 1945 and 1970. Population loss in the McKeesport area during the 1970's and 1980's led to the closing of Holy Trinity as an independent parish. Holy Trinity was merged with two other parishes to form the new St. Martin de Porres parish. The church remained open and continued to be used by the new parish. As the new century arrived, it became increasingly obvious that the parish could no longer maintain three churches. On September 23, 2007, the parish closed St. Peter and Sacred Heart Churches, leaving Holy Trinity Church as the only church for the parish. On December 2, 2007, the church was rededicated as St. Martin de Porres Church.