Immaculate Conception, Carnegie
This parish is presently located at:
Immaculate Conception was established in 1893 as a Polish parish. The origin of the parish can be traced to the development of industry in Carnegie near the end of the nineteenth century. These industries drew immigrants from Europe, including Poles. By 1893, the number of Poles in Carnegie made an independent parish feasible. Work on a church began soon after the parish was founded. The church was dedicated on September 16, 1894.
This church served the parish for seven decades. However, by the late 1960's, the church needed to be replaced. A new church was built at that time.
As the rise of industry and population in the nineteenth century led to the creation of the parish, the loss of industry and population in the twentieth century led to its suppression. By the early 1990's Carnegie could no longer support the number of parishes in existence. In 1992, Immaculate Conception merged with five other parishes to form the new St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish. Immaculate Conception Church closed after the merger and was sold shortly afterwards.