Our Lady of Loreto

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Sunday: 9:30 a.m.

Weekdays: As scheduled

Holy Days: 7:30 a.m.

Confessions:

Saturday

By appointment

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

1905 Pioneer Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Phone: 412-341-6161/412-341-6233
Fax: 412-341-3399

Convent: Our Lady of Loreto :

1901 Pioneer Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Phone: 412-343-1377

Religious Education:

2690 Waddington Ave
Pittsburgh , PA 15226
Phone: 412-563-1588


Clergy:

Rev. James M. Bachner, MDiv, Pastor
Rev. Gary W. Oehmler, MDiv, Parochial Vicar
Rev. Fernando Torres, LC, Parochial Vicar
Rev. Peter Asantebwana, In Residence
Deacon Mark S. Bibro
Deacon Thomas J. O`Neill
Deacon Richard A. Longo

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

43601

Open Date:

1959

Neighborhoods Served:

Brookline

Parish History

Our Lady of Loreto was established on May 27, 1959.  The parish was carved out of Resurrection parish in response to the influx of people into the Brookline area.  The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated on May 31, 1959, in the auditorium of Elizabeth Seton High School.  The parish continued to use the auditorium for Sunday Masses until its own church was completed.  Daily Masses were celebrated at Resurrection Church.

On May 28, 1961, ground was broken for a school with a temporary church.  The cornerstone was laid on September 24, 1961, and the completed building was dedicated on August 22, 1962.  The school gym served as the parish's church.  In 1968, plans were drawn up to convert the building's multi-purpose hall into a permanent church.  From May to August of 1969, Sunday Masses were again celebrated at Elizabeth Seton High School while the conversion of the hall into the church took place.  Beginning on August 3, 1969, the parish again celebrated Mass in its own building.  The permanent church was formally dedicated on October 25, 1969.  On May 25, 1984, the church received a new altar and crucifix.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Our Lady of Loreto Church, 2002
Interior of church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
Our Lady of Loreto Parish Map.pdf111.19 KB