Our Lady of Victory

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.

Sunday: 8:00, 11:00 a.m.

Weekdays: M/T 12:00 noon; W/F 8:30 a.m.; Th 6:30 p.m.

Holy Days: HV 7:00 p.m.; H 12 noon

Confessions:

Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon or until finished

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

1319 Low Grade Rd
Harwick , PA 15049
Phone: 724-274-6445

Administrative Center:

1319 Low Grade Rd
Harwick , PA 15049
Phone: 724-274-8575
Fax: 724-274-0529


Clergy:

Rev. Alan E. Morris, Pastor

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

45201

Open Date:

1944

Neighborhoods Served:

Harwick

Parish History

Our Lady of Victory was established in 1944.  A meeting of local Catholics in May of that year with the pastor of St. Mary of Czestochowa, New Kensington led to the organization of the parish.  The first Mass was celebrated on July 30, 1944 in an  abandoned school building.  Our Lady of Victory remained a mission of St. Mary until the Diocese of Greensburg was created.  St. Mary became a part of the new diocese.  Our Lady of Victory was then assigned as a mission of St. Alphonsus parish, Springdale.

By 1956, the parish collected enough money to begin work on a new church.  Ground was broken on November 22, 1956, and the completed church was dedicated on December 7, 1957.  In June of 1959, the parish became independent with the assignment of a resident pastor.  In subsequent years, improvements were made to the building including installation of stained glass windows and a new organ in the 1960's and a carillon in the 1970's.  The church was renovated again in 1983.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Our Lady of Victory Church, 2001
Interior of Our Lady of Victory, 2001

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
Our Lady of Victory Parish Map.pdf165.61 KB