Resurrection, West Mifflin
Saturday Vigil: 4:00 pm October-March
Sunday: 8:30 am Sunday
Weekdays: Mon. & Tues. 8:30 a.m.
Holy Days: Call for Schedule
Saturday: 12:00-12:30 p.m.
Administrative Center:1 Majka Drive
West Mifflin , PA 15122
Church Building:1 Majka Drive
West Mifflin, PA 15122
Religious Education:219 W Schwab Ave
Munhall , PA 15120
Resurrection was established in 1936. Beginning in 1934, a group of Catholics in the section of West Mifflin called Homeville organized to work for a local parish. A year later, they presented a petition to the bishop for a parish. On November 7, 1935, the bishop instructed the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) to take over the care of Homeville until a regular parish could be established. The MCCD was formed by the diocese to minister to Catholics in isolated areas who did not have easy access to a parish. On April 12, 1936, the first Mass in the new parish was celebrated in the Homeville firehall. On September 30, 1937, a resident pastor was assigned to the parish.
Groundbreaking for a new church took place on May 24, 1938. The church was dedicated on November 11, 1938. The church served the congregation for twenty five years, surviving a fire in 1946.
Beginning in 1960, the parish began a renovation of the entire parish plant. The first step was the purchase of additional land and the construction of a parish school. The school was built and opened in 1962. On September 3, 1963, ground was broken for a new church with an attached convent. The cornerstone of the new church was laid on October 11, 1964, and the church was dedicated on April 11, 1965. The old church was converted to a social center.