Sacred Heart, Rice's Landing
This parish is presently located at:
Sacred Heart was founded in 1925. In that year the first Mass was celebrated in Rice's Landing in a hall. At first, the parish was a mission of Saints Mary and Ann in Marianna. Later St. Michael in Fredericktown took responsibility for the community. A church was built and dedicated on June 29, 1929.
Because the population of Rice's Landing was never great enough to support an independent parish, Sacred Heart has always been a mission church. Since 1938 it has been a mission of Our Lady of Consolation in Nemacolin. On August 28, 1992, Sacred Heart was merged with Our Lady of Consolation. The church built in 1929 still serves the local Catholic community.