Saint Andrew, North Side
This parish is presently located at:
St. Andrew parish was established in 1863. In that year a small brick church was built on Wayne Street near Beaver Avenue. However, the rapid growth of the Manchester area soon meant that the church was inadequate to meet the needs of the Catholic community. To meet this growing need, the cornerstone for a new church on Beaver Avenue was laid on September 11, 1870 and the new church was dedicated on October 20, 1872.
The church remained standing for almost 90 years, surviving a fire on March 1, 1952. While the church could survive fire, it could not survive urban renewal. In 1962 the property was purchased by the Urban Redevelopment Authority to make room for an industrial park. The parish was officially suppressed on September 4, 1962. The church was torn down shortly afterwards.