Saint Angela Merici

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:30 p.m.

Sunday: 8:30, 11:00 a.m.

Weekdays: M/T/Th/F/S 8:30 a.m.; W 7:00 p.m.

Holy Days: H 10:00 a.m.; 7:00 p.m.

Confessions:

Wednesday: 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.

Saturday: 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.

Saturday

3:30-4:15 p.m. 

Javascript is required to view this map.

School: Mary of Nazareth :

1640 Fawcett Ave
White Oak, PA 15131
Phone: 412-672-2360
Fax: 412-672-0880

Administrative Center:

1640 Fawcett Ave
White Oak, PA 15131
Phone: 412-672-9641
Fax: 412-672-1576


Clergy:

Rev. Kevin J. Dominik, MDiv., Pastor
Deacon Dale J. DiSanto

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

03401

Open Date:

1958

Neighborhoods Served:

White Oak

Parish History

St. Angela Merici was established on June 12, 1958, to meet the needs of the growing community of White Oak.  The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated on June 15, 1958, in the Rainbow Gardens Roller Skating Rink.  Fund raising for a new church began on May 18, 1959.  On July 24, 1960, ground was broken for a combined church and school building.  The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on August 20, 1961.  The school opened on September 5, 1961.  The building was formally dedicated on December 9, 1961.

This church was intended to be a temporary measure.  However, the temporary church ended up serving the congregation for 40 years.  By the turn of the century work began on a new church.  The church was dedicated on January 16, 2002.  The old church will be converted to classrooms.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Angela Merici Church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Angela Merici Parish Map.pdf121.64 KB