Saint Ann, Bulger
Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m.
Weekdays: M/W/F 8:00 a.m.
Holy Days: As scheduled
Saturday: 5:00 p.m.
Weekdays: M/W/F after 8:00 a.m. Mass
Religious Education: Saint Ann Hall:PO Box 488
Bulger, PA 15019
Administrative Center:967 Grant St, PO Box 488
Bulger, PA 15019
St. Ann was founded in 1916. The origin of the parish can be traced to the creation of a Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) mission in December 1, 1912. The MCCD was established to provide catechetical instruction in communities too small to support a parish. Before the parish was formed, local Catholics usually had to travel to St. Alphonsus in McDonald to attend Mass. The Mass celebrated in Bulger took place in November of 1913. From that point, Mass was occasionally celebrated in Bulger until July of 1915. On July 15, 1915, a priest was assigned to St. Alphonsus with the directive to form parishes at Bulger and Burgettstown. From that point, Mass was celebrated every Sunday in the local nickelodeon.
In May of 1916, the parish was formed and made a mission of Ss. Peter and Paul in Cherry Valley. Work on a church began on September 20, 1916. The cornerstone was laid on October 29, 1916, and the completed church was dedicated on August 26, 1917. In April of 1918, a resident pastor was assigned to St. Ann. In a reversal of roles, Ss. Peter and Paul then became a mission of St. Ann. Ss. Peter and Paul remained a mission of St. Ann until 1943.
The church was burned down in 1929. A new church was built the next year. Although the church has been renovated twice over the years, this building stills serves the parish.