Saint Anne

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Saint Anne

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.

Sunday: 8:00, 10:00 a.m.; 12:00 noon; 6:00 p.m.

Weekdays: M-Sat. 8:00 a.m.

Holy Days: HV 4:00 p.m.; H 8:00 10:00 a.m.; 12:00, 6:30 p.m.


Saturday: After 8:00 a.m. Mass; 11:00-11:45 a.m

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

4040 Willow Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
Phone: 412-561-0101

Administrative Center:

400 Hoodridge Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
Phone: 412-531-5964
Fax: 412-531-6901

School: Saint Anne:

4040 Willow Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
Phone: 412-561-7720
Fax: 412-561-7927


Rev. Michael A. Caridi, STL Pastor
Rev. Hugh J. Lang, In Residence
Deacon Victor P. DeFazio

Additional Information:

Parish ID:


Open Date:


Neighborhoods Served:

Castle Shannon
Mount Lebanon
Bethel Park

Parish History

St. Anne was established in 1889 as a mission of St. Michael, South Side.  The first Mass to be celebrated in the new parish was celebrated on September 15, 1889.  The Mass was celebrated in a private home in which the owner fitted one room as a chapel.  At first Mass was celebrated once a month.  Work on a new church began in 1891 or 1892 and the completed church was dedicated on May 30, 1893.  Once the church was built, Mass was celebrated once a week. In 1896, the parish became independent with the appointment of a resident pastor.

This church served the parish for almost seven decades.  Over the years it was renovated several times, including the removal of the original tower.  After the end of World War II the area experience a rapid growth of population.  By the late 1950's the congregation had outgrown the existing church.  Fund raising for a new church began in 1957.  On October 29, 1961, ground was broken for the new church.  The completed building was dedicated on April 14, 1963.  The old church was later razed.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

The original St. Anne Church, after the tower had been removed, 1932
Main altar of original church, 1932
Side altar of church, 1932
St. Anne Church, 2002
Interior of church, 2002

File Attachments:

St. Anne Parish Map.pdf182.42 KB