Saint Bartholomew

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Saint Bartholomew

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:30 p.m.

Sunday: 8:00, 10:30 a.m.

Weekdays: M/Th/F 10:00 a.m.

Holy Days: HV 6:00 p.m.; H 10:00 a.m.

Confessions:

Saturday: 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

111 Erhardt Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Phone: 412-242-7207

School: Saint Bartholomew:

111 Erhardt Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Phone: 412-242-2511
Fax: 412-242-8317

Administrative Center:

111 Erhardt Dr
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Phone: 412-242-3374-/412-242-3336
Fax: 412-242-1488


Clergy:

Very Rev. Philip N. Farrell, VE, MA, MDiv, Priest Director

Parish Staff:

Sister Dorothy Pawlus, Parish Life Collaborator

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

06601

Open Date:

1950

Neighborhoods Served:

Penn Hills

Parish History

St. Bartholomew was established on June 28, 1950, in response to the growth of population in Penn Hills.  The first Mass in the new parish was celebrated in a private home.  Afterwards, the parish rented the Penn Hebron Garden Club for the celebration of Sunday and Holy Day Masses until a church could be built.  In February of 1951 ground was broken for a building that would include a temporary church and parish hall.  The first Mass in the new temporary church was celebrated on October 7, 1951, and the building was officially dedicated on October 28, 1951. 

Work on a school addition to the original building began in 1953.  The addition included a school gymnasium that would be used as temporary church.  The addition was completed in 1954 and dedicated on September 2, 1954.  The original space used as a temporary church was then converted to classrooms.

By the early 1960's the parish had paid off all of its debts and was ready to build a permanent church.  Ground for the church was broken in September 1964.  The cornerstone was laid on February 11, 1965, and the completed church was dedicated on May 24, 1965.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Bartholomew Church, 2002
Altar of church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Bartholomew Parish Map.pdf114.96 KB