Saint Charles Lwanga

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Mother of Good Counsel

Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.

Sunday: 9:00 a.m.; 12:00 noon

Weekdays: M-F 8:00 a.m.

Holy Rosary

Sunday: 10:30 a.m. (year round)

Confessions:

Mother of Good Counsel

One-half hour before weekend Masses

Holy Rosary

Sunday: One-half hour before Mass

 

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

7114 Kelly St
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-731-3020

School: Sister Thea Bowman Catholic Academy:

721 Rebecca Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Phone: 412-242-3515
Fax: 412-241-3199

Pastoral Center: Corpus Christi:

1550 Lincoln Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15208


Mother of Good Counsel:

7705 Bennett Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-241-1384
Fax: 412-731-1615

Holy Rosary:

7114 Kelly Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208


Administrative Center:

7114 Kelly Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-731-3020
Fax: 412-731-1615


Clergy:

Rev. David H. Taylor, Pastor

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

09501

Open Date:

1992

Ethnicity:

Italian

Neighborhoods Served:

East End
Homewood

Parish History

St. Charles Lwanga parish was established in 1992 as part of the diocese's reorganization and revitalization program.  The parish was formed by the merger of Holy Rosary, Mother of Good Counsel, Corpus Christi, Our Lady Help of Christians, Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, and Ss. Peter and Paul parishes.  Of the six churches, Ss. Peter and Paul and Our Lady Help of Christians were closed and later sold.  Corpus Christi was converted to a Pastoral Center.  Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament was later closed on February 18, 1996, due to financial considerations.  The building was sold soon afterwards. 

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Former Corpus Christi Church, now used as a pastoral center, 2002
Altar of the former Corpus Christi Church, 2002
Holy Rosary Church, 2002
Interior of Holy Rosary Church, 2002
Mother of Good Counsel Church, 2002
Altar of Mother of Good Counsel Church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Charles Lwanga Parish Map.pdf138.51 KB