Saint Christopher Mission, Prospect
This parish is presently located at:
St. Christopher was established in 1974. The origin of the parish, however, can be traced back to 1944. Before that time, the small community of local Catholics had to travel to Butler, Slippery Rock or Zelienople for Mass. In 1944, some local Catholics approached the pastor of St. Gregory in Zelienople about celebrating Mass in Prospect. The bishop gave permission for St. Gregory to establish the mission. The first Mass in Prospect was celebrated on November 26,1944, in a private home. Until the next summer, a priest traveled from Zelienople twice a month to celebrate Mass. This was discontinued on August 19, 1945, when the home where the Mass was celebrated was sold.