Saint Cyprian, North Side
This parish is presently located at:
St. Cyprian was established on March 20, 1920, as a Polish parish. Before the parish was founded, local Poles traveled to St. Stanislaus in the Strip District to attend Mass. The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated at St. Peter Church on March 23, 1920. Shortly afterwards the parish purchased a building from the Y.M.C.A. The building was renovated into a combined church, school, rectory and convent. The renovated building was dedicated on September 19, 1920.
The church served the Polish community for over 40 years. However, it eventually became a victim of urban renewal. In 1964 the church was purchased to be torn down under the North Side Redevelopment Project. The last Mass in the church was celebrated on August 15, 1964. St. Cyprian parish was merged with Mary Immaculate mission to form the new Mary Immaculate-St. Cyprian parish.