Saint Germaine

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Saint Germaine

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.

Sunday: 7:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m.

Weekdays: Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.

Th 7:00 p.m. (Sept.-May); 8:00 a.m. (June-Aug)

Holy Days: 9:00 a.m.; 7:00 p.m.

Confessions:

Saturday: 12:00 noon-12:30 p.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

7003 Baptist Rd
Bethel Park, PA 15102
Phone: 412-833-0661
Fax: 412-833-4036

Religious Education:

7001 Baptist Rd
Bethel Park, PA 15102
Phone: 412-833-6662


Clergy:

Rev. John J. Baver, Pastor
Deacon James A. Kenny

Parish Staff:

Mary Beth Green, Pastoral Associate
Joan Machajewski, Secretary

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

15901

Open Date:

1957

Neighborhoods Served:

Bethel Park
Baldwin

Parish History

St. Germaine was established on June 13, 1957.  The parish was created to meet the needs of the growing suburban community of Bethel Park.  The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated in South Park in the Flower Garden Hall.  This building was used by the congregation for Sunday Masses until the parish church was built. 

In February of 1958 work began on a school building that would include a temporary church.  The cornerstone was laid on November 23, 1958, and the completed building was dedicated on June 13, 1959.  The church portion of the building was intended to be a temporary expedient until the parish debts could be paid off and additional funds raised for a separate church building.  However, a study by the parish in 1975 proved that building a new church would not practical.  Instead, the parish decided to renovate the existing church facility into a permanent church.  The renovation began on November 2, 1978, and the work was done on June 20, 1979.  The new church was blessed on November 11, 1979.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Germaine Church, 2002
Interior of church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Germaine Parish Map.pdf106.59 KB