Saint Hedwig, Duquesne
This parish is presently located at:
St. Hedwig was established as a Polish parish in 1895. Little is known about the early history of the parish. The original St. Hedwig Church was dedicated on October 13, 1895. This church was destroyed in a fire on January 13, 1928. A new church was built in 1930. The cornerstone was laid on September 7, 1930, and the church was dedicated on December 21, 1930.
By the 1990's the population of Duquesne could no longer support the number of existing parishes. In 1994, St. Hedwig merged with Holy Name parish to form the new Christ the Light of the World parish. St. Hedwig Church remains open and continues to serve the new parish.