Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:30 a.m.
Weekdays: M-F 9:00 a.m.
Holy Days: H 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 11:00-11:30 a.m.
Administrative Center:408 Route 88
Carmichaels, PA 15320
Religious Education:CCD Annex:408 Route 88
Carmichaels , PA 15320
St. Hugh was founded in 1951. Before the parish was founded, Catholics in Carmichaels attended Our Lady of Consolation in Nemacolin. By the early 50's, the population of Carmichaels had grown enough to support a mission. In July of 1951, St. Hugh was formed as a mission of Our Lady of Consolation. The first Mass of the new mission was celebrated in the closed Lund Theater.
On June 26, 1952, St. Hugh became an independent parish with the assignment of a resident pastor. The new parish continued to use the theater for Sunday Mass. On May 23, 1954, ground was broken for a church. The cornerstone was laid on September 26, 1954, and the completed church was dedicated on February 19, 1955.