Saint Isaac Jogues
Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:30 a.m.
Weekdays: W 9:30 a.m.
Holy Days: As scheduled
Saturday: 3:30 p.m.
Administrative Center:1216 Collins Ave
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025-5300
Religious Education: Church Hall:1216 Collins Avenue
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
St. Isaac Jogues was established in 1950 as a mission of St. Michael, Elizabeth. Before the parish was founded, local Catholics had to travel to Elizabeth to attend Mass. Priests from St. Michael did travel to Elrama to conduct catechism classes for the children. In 1948, the pastor of St. Michael contacted the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine to take over teaching catechism. Attempts were made to find a space to conduct Mass, but none was available. In January of 1949, at a meeting of local Catholics, the decision was made to build a church.
Ground for the church was broken on May 9, 1949. The completed church was dedicated on July 23, 1950. For twenty years, the parish remained a mission of St. Michael. In June of 1970, the parish became independent with the appointment of a resident pastor.