Saint Isidore, Braddock
This parish is presently located at:
St. Isidore was founded in 1916 as a Lithuanian ethnic parish. This parish was a direct outgrowth of the rise of heavy industry, particularly the steel industry in Braddock and the need for immigrant workers to staff the mills. By 1916, enough Lithuanians had moved to the area to support their own parish. The church was built on Talbot St. in 1916.
As the growth of industry and population gave birth to the parish, the loss of industry and population in Braddock after World War II led to the parish's demise. Particularly devastating to the Braddock community was the closing of the Edgar Thompson Works of U. S. Steel in 1982. This drop in population affected not only St. Isidore, but also the other parishes in Braddock. A study of the situation in 1984 led to the decision to merge all of the Braddock parishes into the new parish of Good Shepherd. This merger occurred on January 19, 1985. After the merger, St. Isidore Church building was sold and is now the First Church of God in Christ.