Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m.
Weekdays: M-F 8:00 a.m.
Saturday: 3:15 p.m.
Sunday: 9:15 a.m.
St. Januarius was established in 1925 as a mission of the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD). The diocese formed the MCCD to bring religious instruction to Catholics living in small, isolated communities who did not have easy access to an existing church. The first Mass in the new parish was celebrated on the last Sunday of November of 1925 in the second floor of a store in town. Until 1945, Mass was celebrated only once a month. Beginning in 1945, Mass was celebrated weekly. In October of 1946, St. Januarius became a mission of the Superintendent of St. Anthony Village.
All through this time, the parish continued to use the rented space in the store. By 1950, the parish decided to build a church. The first attempt to build a church quickly fell short. On Easter Sunday of 1950, work on a church began. After the foundation was laid, however, the parish decided that the chosen site had drawbacks that led the church to abandon it. A new start was made on August 25, 1951. The cornerstone of the new church was laid on March 23, 1952. The first Mass to be celebrated in the new church took place on November 30, 1952, even though the interior of the church was not yet finished. Lack of funds delayed the completion of the church until 1959. The church was formally dedicated on October 9, 1960.
The parish became independent in 1973.