Saint Joan of Arc
Saturday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:30, 9:00, 11:00 a.m.
Weekdays: M-F 8:00 a.m.
Saturday: 12:00 noon-12:30 p.m.
St. Joan of Arc was established on June 30, 1949. The origin of the parish can be traced back to January 1, 1923, when the pastor of St. Francis of Assisi, Finleyville, established a mission in Library. Until a church could be built, Sunday Masses were celebrated in the Union Hotel. In the summer of 1924, land was purchased for a church and a prefabricated building was purchased to serve as the new church. The first Mass in the church was celebrated on September 8, 1924, and the church was formally dedicated on October 19, 1924.
The growth of the congregation led to the bishop making St. Joan an independent parish in 1949. The next year, the parish purchased additional land. Within a few years, the parish decided that they needed not only a new, larger church, but also a school. In 1954 work began on a combined church/school building. The cornerstone was laid in December of 1954 and the church was dedicated in 1955. The old church was converted to a parish hall for two decades. Finally, on March 22, 1976, the parish destroyed the old church by burning it down. The combined church and school building continues to serve the congregation today.