Saint John, Lyndora
This parish is presently located at:
St. John was founded in 1904 as a Slovak ethnic parish. The parish followed hard on the heels of the town of Lyndora, which was built in 1902 by the Standard Steel Car Company to house their workers. The first Mass of the parish was held on August 28, 1904 in the Lyndora Opera House. In 1905, land was purchased for a church and the cornerstone was laid in May 1906. The completed church was dedicated on November 30, 1906.
This church served the community for almost 90 years. However, by the 1990's it became obvious that the drop in population in Lyndora made it impossible for the community to support two parishes. In 1995, St. John was merged with St. Stanislaus Kostka in Lyndora and St. Conrad in Meridian to form the new St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen parish. After the merger, St. John was closed and the church was sold shortly afterwards.