Saint Joseph, Cokeburg
This parish is presently located at:
St. Joseph was established in 1923 as a mission of St. Clement, Ellsworth. The origin of the parish can be traced to February 26, 1922, when the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) established a mission in Cokeburg. The MCCD was established to provide catechetical instruction in communities too small to support a parish. Late in 1922, the pastor of St. Clement purchased a building to convert to a church. The conversion was completed in April of 1923.
St. Joseph served as a mission of St. Clement for 70 years. In 1994, St. Joseph merged with St. Clement and St. Luke in Bentleyville to form the new Ave Maria parish. St. Joseph closed as part of the merger and was sold afterwards.