Saint Ladislaus, Natrona
This parish is presently located at:
St. Ladislaus was founded in 1893 as a Polish parish. Polish families were among the original settlers in Natrona in the 1850's. As the century progressed, the number of Polish immigrants continued to rise. By 1892, the numbers had grown to the point that an independent parish was feasible. A group of local citizens formed a committee for the purpose of organizing a parish. In the spring of 1893, work on a church began. The church was completed and dedicated and a resident pastor was assigned to the parish that year.
The congregation soon outgrew the original church. In 1903, work was begun on a new church. The cornerstone was laid early in 1904 and the completed church was dedicated on August 21,1904. Over the years, the church was renovated and improved several times. By the late twentieth century, the population of Natrona dropped to the point that the community could no longer support three independent parishes. In 1992, St. Ladislaus was merged with St. Joseph and St. Mathias to form a new parish named St. Joseph. St. Ladislaus Church remains open and serves the new parish.