Saint Margaret Mary

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.

Sunday: 7:30, 9:30, 11:30 a.m.

Weekdays: M/W/F 8:30 a.m.; T/Th 7:00 a.m.

Holy Day Vigil 7:00 p.m.

Holy Day: 7:00 a.m.; 12:00 noon; 7:00 p.m.

Confessions:

Wednesday: 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.; Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and by appointment

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

1 Parish Pl
Moon Township, PA 15108
Phone: 412-264-2573/412-262-3787
Fax: 412-264-4327

School: Saint Margaret Mary Child Care Center:

1 Parish Pl
Moon Township, PA 15108
Phone: 412-264-9716

Religious Education:

1 Parish Pl
Moon Township , PA 15108
Phone: 412-264-9368


Clergy:

Rev. Francis M. Kurimsky, MDiv, MA, Pastor
Deacon Robert A. Jancart, Permanent Deacon

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

34801

Open Date:

1956

Neighborhoods Served:

Moon Township

Parish History

St. Margaret Mary was established on June 8, 1956.  The origin of the parish can be traced back to 1954 when a group of local women contacted the pastor of St. James, Sewickley to discuss their concerns about catechism classes for their children.  The result of their efforts was, initially, the beginning of catechism classes and, by 1956, a new parish.  The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated on June 17, 1956, at the Mooncrest Community Center.  Until a church could be built, Sunday Masses were held either at the community center or at the Carnot Grade School.

Groundbreaking for a temporary church took place on August 17, 1958, and the completed building was dedicated on May 16, 1959.  This temporary church served the community for a decade.  In 1969, plans were drawn up for a new, permanent church.  The cornerstone of the new church was laid in December of 1970.  The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on May 1, 1972, although the church was not yet completed.  The church was formally dedicated on August 27, 1972.  The original temporary church was converted to classrooms and became the Religious Education Center.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Margaret Mary Church, 2002
Altar of church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Margaret Mary Parish Map.pdf139.65 KB