Saint Martha, Groveton
This parish is presently located at:
St. Martha was established as a mission of St. Joseph, Coraopolis in 1914. Little information exists as to the origin of this mission. It is known that the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) established a mission in Groveton beginning on April 27, 1913. The MCCD was established to provide catechetical instruction in communities too small to support a parish. Mass was occasionally celebrated in Groveton in several different privately owned locations. Sometime in 1921 or early 1922, work began on a small church. The church was dedicated on Palm Sunday, 1922.
This small church remained a mission of St. Joseph, Coraopolis until 1994, when it was closed. The building was sold shortly afterwards.