Saint Mary of the Mount
Saturday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:30, 9:30, 11:30 a.m., (Signed for Deaf)
Weekdays: M-F 7:00, 10:00 a.m.
Saturday: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
St. Mary was established in 1873 as a mission of St. Malachy. Before the parish was founded, Catholics living on Mt. Washington had to travel to St. Malachy to attend Mass. In 1873, the pastor of St. Malachy purchased land for a church and began construction. The cornerstone of the church was laid on October 26, 1873, and the completed church was dedicated on October 18, 1874. The church remained a mission until October 1877 when a resident pastor was assigned to the parish.
The church served the congregation for over 30 years. In the mid 1890's, work began on a new church. The cornerstone was laid on June 28, 1896, and the church was dedicated on December 19, 1897.
This church continues to serve the parish today. Over the years, the church has been modified and renovated. The first major renovation took place in 1948 when the interior of the church was repaired and redecorated. The baptistery and side entrance were added in the 1960's and additional repairs to the church were made in the 1970's. In March of 2000, a steeple was added to the church.