Saint Maurice

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil

5:00 pm

Sunday

8:00 am

10:00 am

12:00 noon

Weekdays

M 9:00 am

7:00 pm

T-F 7:00 am

9:00 am

Sat. 9:00 am

Confessions:

Saturday

11:00 am - 12:00 noon

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

2001 Ardmore Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Phone: 412-351-6710

School: East Catholic:

2001 Ardmore Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Phone: 412-351-5403
Fax: 412-273-9114

Administrative Center:

2001 Ardmore Blvd
Pittsburgh , PA 15221
Phone: 412-271-0809/412-271-0815
Fax: 42-271-2415


Clergy:

Rev. John W. Skirtich, Pastor
Rev. Miroslaus A. Wojcicki, In residence

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

39501

Open Date:

1949

Neighborhoods Served:

Forest Hills

Parish History

St. Maurice was established on June 30, 1949.  The origin of the parish, however, can be traced back to 1942 when St. Maurice was founded as a mission of St. James, Wilkinsburg.  Little is known of the mission years of the parish, including when and where Mass was celebrated.  The first Mass in the new parish was celebrated on July 3, 1949, at the Melody Lane Skating Rink.  The parish continued to use the rink until it got a church.  In April of 1950, the parish purchased a closed bottling plant and converted it into a church.  The conversion was completed by the end of the year.

This church served the congregation until the 1970's.  In the middle of the decade, work began on a new church.  The completed church was dedicated on December 4, 1977.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Maurice Church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Maurice Parish Map.pdf166.16 KB