Saint Michael the Archangel, Fredericktown
This parish is presently located at:
St. Michael was founded in 1915. Beginning on December 3, 1911, priests from Marianna, Monessen and Pittsburgh visited Fredericktown to celebrate Mass in a rented hall. In 1915 the parish was created and in July of that year a resident pastor was assigned to the parish. In the fall of 1915, construction of a new church began. Just as the building was completed in July of 1916, fire struck and completely destroyed the church. Work on a new church began shortly afterwards and the completed building was dedicated the next year. In the early 1940's, the basement of the church was excavated. The interior and exterior of the church were renovated in the 1960's.
Due to population loss in the area, St. Michael was merged with Ss. Mary and Ann in Mariana to form the new St. Oliver Plunkett parish. St. Michael church remains open and serves the new parish.