Saint Pamphilus

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 5:30

Sunday: 8:00, 11:00 a.m.

Weekdays: T-Sat.: 8:30 a.m.

Holy Days: H 8:30 a.m.; 7:00 p.m.

Confessions:

30 minutes prior to weekend Masses

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

948 Tropical Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Phone: 412-341-1000/412-531-8449
Fax: 412-341-6956

Religious Education:

1000 Tropical Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Phone: 412-561-0330


Clergy:

Rev. Alexis Anania, OFM

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

45801

Open Date:

1960

Neighborhoods Served:

Beechview

Parish History

St. Pamphilus was established on December 8, 1960.  The parish was created to meet the needs of the growing population of the South Hills.  At first, Mass was celebrated in the American Legion Hall in Beechview, which served as a temporary church.  Ground for a permanent church was broken on September 14, 1963.  The cornerstone was laid on May 7, 1964 and the first Mass was celebrated on December 24, 1964.  The church was formally dedicated on May 30, 1965.

In 1978, the church had to be renovated due to damage caused by subsidence.  The church continues to serve the congregation today.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Pamphilus Church, 2001
Interior of St. Pamphilus, 2001

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Pamphilus Parish Map.pdf130.9 KB