Saint Patrick, North Fayette Township/Oakdale
Saturday Vigil: 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:30 a.m.
Weekdays: T/Th 8:00 a.m.
Holy Days: As scheduled
Sat.: 5:15 - 5:45 p.m.
St. Patrick was established as a mission in 1866. The origin of the parish can be traced to the opening of coal mines and stone quarries and the arrival of the railroad in Noblestown. These events brought people to the area in numbers large enough to support a mission. The first known Mass celebrated in Noblestown occurred in the fall of 1865. The village was periodically visited after that. In the fall of 1866, the pastor of Immaculate Conception parish in Washington rented a hall for Mass. He then visited the town once a month. Shortly afterwards, work began on a church. The date the church was completed is not known, but it was probably in 1869.
In June of 1873, the parish became independent with the appointment of a resident pastor. The first church was destroyed in a fire in January of 1892. The church was rebuilt. On August 11, 1899, lightning struck the church and started another fire which destroyed that church. Again the congregation rebuilt their church. The new church was dedicated on July 15, 1900.
Over the years, the church has been repaired and renovated. The building continues to serve the parish today.