Saturday Vigil: 6:30 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00, 10:00 a.m.; 12:00 noon, 7:00 p.m.
Last Sunday of each month (Spanish); 2:00 p.m.
Weekdays: M-F 8:00 a.m.; Sat. 8:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:40-9:30 a.m.
St. Paul was founded in 1867. The impetus for the creation of the parish was the rise of German immigration into Butler. Prior to the creation of St. Paul, the Catholic Church in Butler was St. Peter, founded in 1821. At first, St. Peter was an English language church. However, an influx of German immigrants to the city led to a congregation dominated by the Germans to the point that a German pastor was appointed to St. Peter. In 1866, the English speaking members of St. Peter requested a new parish. Permission was granted, work began on a church and on February 17, 1867, the new church was dedicated. Around 1890, the church was enlarged.
By the turn of the century, the church could no longer adequately accommodate the congregation. A temporary church was built on the school grounds around 1908 and the old church was torn down so that a new church could be built on the site. The cornerstone for the church was laid on September 19, 1909 and the building was dedicated on September 10, 1911. The church was renovated in 1958. This church continues to serve the community today.