Saint Peter the Apostle, Fernando St
This parish is presently located at:
St. Peter was founded in 1892 in the lower Hill District of Pittsburgh as an Italian ethnic parish. The cornerstone of the original church was laid on April 24, 1892 and the finished church was dedicated in December 1892. The church was located on Webster Ave.
A new church was built on Fernando Street. The cornerstone was laid on December 2, 1917 and the church was dedicated on November 10, 1918. The church property was purchased by the City of Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority under eminent domain and the parish was suppressed on September 1, 1960. The church was torn down shortly afterwards to make room for Chatham Center.