Saint Pius V
This parish is presently located at:
St. Pius V was established in 1903 to meet the needs of the growing population of McKeesport. The first Mass in the new parish was celebrated in St. Mary Czestochowa Church, McKeesport on November 29, 1903. Work began on a new church soon afterwards. The completed church was dedicated on November 6, 1904.
This church was destroyed in a fire on December 24, 1919. In 1920 the parish purchased a closed Baptist church. This church served the parish until 1922, then Mass was shifted to the third floor of the school for the rest of the decade. Sometime in 1928 or 1929, the parish built a third church. After the new church was completed, the parish retained the old church until 1961, when they sold it.
On February 11, 2010, disaster struck the church when a massive snowstorm clogged the church's downspouts, causing eight significant water leaks in the church. Due to the damage, the parishioners attended Mass at the nearby St. Mary Czestochowa Church, which then shared a pastor with St. Pius V. Due to the fact that St. Pius V Parish had already begun discussing merging with St. Mary Czestochowa and St. Martin de Porres Parish, the diocese decided to close the church rather than to pay for repairs. On July 19, 2010, the diocese announced that the church would be closed officially on August 19, 2010 and would be put up for sale.
Although the church closed, the parish itself remained active until November 14, 2010, when it officially merged with St. Martin de Porres and St. Mary Czestochowa parishes to form the new Corpus Christi Parish.