Saint Pius X

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 5:30 p.m. (Mar-Oct) 4:00 p.m. (Nov-Feb)

Sunday: 8:00 a.m.

Weekdays: M/T/Th/F/Sat at 8:00 a.m.; W 7:00 p.m.

Holy Day Vigil: 7:00 p.m.

Holy Day: 6:00 p.m.

Confessions:

Wednesday, 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

2690 Waddington Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Phone: 412-563-1588

Administrative Center:

3040 Pioneer Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Phone: 412-563-5423/412-561-1276
Fax: 412-561-3868


Clergy:

Rev. James M. Bachner, MDiv, Pastor
Rev. Gary W. Oehmler, MDiv, Parochial Vicar
Rev. Fernando Torres, LC, Parochial Vicar
Deacon Mark S. Bibro
Deacon Thomas J. O`Neill
Deacon Richard A. Longo

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

49401

Open Date:

1954

Neighborhoods Served:

Brookline

Parish History

St. Pius was established on June 9, 1954.  The parish foundation was a result of the growth of population in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.  The first Mass of the new parish was celebrated on June 13, 1954, in DePaul Institute's Our Lady of Victory Hall.  Two rooms of the parish house were renovated into a chapel and the first daily Mass was celebrated there on August 20, 1954.  Ground for a new combined church and school building was broken early in 1955.  The cornerstone of the building was laid on August 21, 1955.  On September 7, the school with a temporary church opened.  The building was dedicated on December 3, 1955.  The permanent church was completed during the 1960's and blessed on December 9, 1969.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Pius X Church and School, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Pius X Parish Map.pdf123.43 KB