Saint Pudentiana, North Rochester
This parish is presently located at:
St. Pudentiana was founded in 1918 as an Italian parish. Very little is known about the origin of the parish, except that it was established as a mission of St. Cecilia, Rochester. It was also apparently called St. Anthony at times in the early years. Work on the church began in 1918. The cornerstone was laid on September 29, 1918, and the completed church was dedicated on August 20, 1921. This church was destroyed in a fire on February 23, 1926 and rebuilt within a year.
In 1968, the parish was converted from an Italian parish to a territorial parish. As part of the diocesan reorganization and revitalization program, the parish was suppressed on May 27, 1994, and the congregation merged with St. Cecilia. The church remains open and serves the St. Cecilia congregation.