Saint Sebastian

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Saint Sebastian

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil

6:00 pm

Sunday

7:00 am

8:30 am

10:30 am

12:30 pm

5:00 pm

Weekdays

M-F  7:00 am

12:00 noon

Sat. 8:00 am

Confessions:

Monday

After 12:00 noon Mass

Saturday

11:00 am - 12:00 noon

Javascript is required to view this map.

School: Saint Sebastian:

307 Siebert Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: (412) 364-7171
Fax: 412-364-5891

Administrative Center:

311 Siebert Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: 412-364-8999
Fax: 412-364-6330

Religious Education:

307 Siebert Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: 412-364-8999 x8529


Clergy:

Rev. John R. Rushofsky, MSEd
Rev. Brian W. Noel, Parochial Vicar
Deacon Richard R. Cessar
Rev. Thomas G. Schluep, Parochial Vicar (pro-tem)

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

53401

Open Date:

1952

Neighborhoods Served:

Ross Township

Parish History

St. Sebastian was founded in 1952.  The establishment of the parish was a result of the migration of population from the city of Pittsburgh to the North Hills following World War II.  Early in 1952, land for a new church was purchased in Ross Township.  On June 26, 1952, the new parish was canonically established.  The first parish Mass was celebrated three days later.

As the new parish did not have any physical facilities, the pastor made arrangements with the Vincentian Sisters of Charity to use their chapel to celebrate Mass.  Baptisms, weddings and funerals were held at either Nativity Church, North Side or St. Ursula Church, Allison Park. 

Groundbreaking for a parish school, which would also hold a temporary church, was broken on November 9, 1952.  The cornerstone of the building was laid on July 12, 1953, and the building was dedicated on September 19, 1953.  Although the building was dedicated and in use as a church, it was far from finished.  Not until September of 1955 was the school opened.

The parish continued to grow and the congregation soon outgrew its church and school space.  Construction on a new church began in August of 1959.  On May 22, 1960, the cornerstone of the church was laid.  Although the building was not yet completed, the first Mass in the new church was celebrated on June 26, 1960.  The church was dedicated on November 20, 1960.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Sebastian Church, 2002
Interior of St. Sebastian, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Sebastian Parish Map.pdf163.9 KB