Saint Stanislaus Kostka, Lyndora
This parish is presently located at:
St. Stanislaus was founded in 1918 as a Polish ethnic parish. In 1917 a committee of local citizens petitioned the bishop to form a new Polish parish. After due consideration, the bishop gave his permission and on January 10, 1918, the new parish was formed. On January 27, 1918, the first Mass was celebrated in the German Beneficial Society Hall. In 1919, land was purchased for a church and the cornerstone was laid on September 28, 1919. The new church was dedicated on July 25, 1920.
In 1921, work was begun on a basement for the church. However, the excavation combined with the church's heavy slate roof, soon led to damage to the building's interior. In 1924 the church was reinforced with six pillars. Over the years the church has seen several renovations, but still continues to serve the Catholic community of Lyndora.
While the building remains to this day, the parish does not. By the 1990's it became obvious that population loss meant that Lyndora could no longer support two parishes. In 1995, St. Stanislaus was merged with St. John, Lyndora and St. Conrad in Meridian to form the new St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen parish. St. Stanislaus remains open as a worship site of the new parish.