Saint Therese of Lisieux

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Saint Therese of Lisieux

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.

Sunday: 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 a.m.; 7:00 p.m.

Weekdays: M-F 6:30, 8:15 a.m.

Confessions:

Saturday: 9:30 a.m.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

1 Saint Therese Ct
Munhall , PA 15120
Phone: 412-462-8161
Fax: 412-462-4817

School: Saint Therese:

3 Saint Therese Ct
Munhall, PA 15120
Phone: 412-462-8163
Fax: 412-462-5865

Religious Education:

1 Saint Therese Ct
Munhall, PA 15120
Phone: 412-462-8162


Clergy:

Rev. Terrence P. O`Connor
Rev. Nicholas M. Mastrangelo, Parochial Vicar

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

55401

Open Date:

1925

Neighborhoods Served:

Munhall

Parish History

St. Therese of Lisieux was established on October 3, 1925, to serve the needs of the Catholics living in the portion of Munhall known as Homestead Park.  The first Mass was celebrated in the Homestead Park Municipal Building on October 18, 1925.  Work was begun on a frame church in November of 1925 and the completed church was dedicated on January 25, 1926.

As the years passed, the congregation continued to grow.  Land for new parish facilities was purchased on July 13, 1951.  In 1953, work began on a new school building which would also contain a temporary church.  The combined school/church building was dedicated on August 21, 1954.  The ground floor of the new building was used as a church while the two upper floors held classrooms.  Ground for a new church was broken on March 23, 1958.  The cornerstone was laid on March 27, 1961, and the completed building was dedicated on June 18, 1961.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

First St. Therese Church, 1935
Interior of first church, 1935
Current St. Therese Church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Therese of Lisieux Parish Map.pdf160.76 KB