Saint Timothy, Indianola
This parish is presently located at:
St. Timothy parish was founded in 1919. The origin of the parish can be traced to a request in 1918 to the Pittsburgh Confraternity of Christian Doctrine to send a priest to celebrate Mass in the town. Before that time, local Catholics had to travel six miles to the nearest church to attend Mass. The first Mass was celebrated in the community on June 30, 1918. For a year, the community was served by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. In 1919, St. Timothy parish was formed and a pastor assigned.
Work immediately began on a local church building. The church was dedicated on June 20, 1920. This parish served the community until 1991 when low population required a consolidation of St. Timothy with St. Francis of Assisi in Harmarville. Although St. Timothy is no longer an independent parish, the church is a worship site for St. Francis of Assisi.