Saint Ursula

No public posts in this group. You must login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
[title]

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm

Sunday: 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m.

Weekdays: 8:00 a.m.

Holy Days: HV 7pm, H 8am, 7pm

Confessions:

Saturday: 11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

3937 Kirk Ave.
Allison Park, PA 15101
Phone: Phone: 412-486-6700
Fax: Fax: 412-486-2562

Religious Education:

3937 Kirk Ave.
Allison Park, PA 15101
Phone: Phone: 412-486-6700 x7


Clergy:

Rev. Lawrence D. Adams, Administrator
Rev. Ernest J. Strzelinski, Parochial Vicar
Deacon Richard D. Ernst

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

57301

Open Date:

1909

Neighborhoods Served:

Allison Park

Parish History

St. Ursula was established in 1909.  Before the parish was founded, local Catholics had to travel to St. Mary in Glenshaw.  On November 30. 1908, the pastor of St. Mary called a meeting of local Catholics to discuss the establishment of an independent parish.  As a result of the meeting, a petition was sent to the bishop to request a parish.  The request was granted and the parish was established effective January 1, 1909.  An existing Methodist Church was purchased and the first Mass in the new church was celebrated on January 1, 1909.  The church, however, was not actually formally dedicated until August 1, 1909.

As the population of the area increased, the congregation soon outgrew its church.  On January 26, 1928, ground was broken for a new church.  The completed church was dedicated on November 22, 1928.  The original church was torn down shortly afterwards. This church continues to serve the congregation today after its  most recent renewal both exterior and interior, completed in June, 2013.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Saint Ursula
Saint Ursula
Saint Ursula
Saint Ursula

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Ursula Parish Map.pdf168.94 KB