Saturday Vigil: 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00, 10:00 a.m.; 12:00 noon (May-Labor Day);
8:00, 10:45 a.m.; 12:15 p.m. (Labor Day-Apr.)
Weekdays: M-F 8:00 a.m.
Saturday: 3:30 p.m.
Administrative Center:527 Bairdford Rd, PO Box 149
Bairdford , PA 15006
Church Building:531 Bairdford Rd
Bairdford, PA 15006
Religious Education:535 Bairdford Rd, PO Box 149
Bairdford , PA 15006
Phone: 724 265-4040
St. Victor was established in 1919. In June of that year the Missionary Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (MCCD) organized a mission in Bairdford. The diocese formed the MCCD to bring religious instruction to Catholics living in small, isolated communities who did not have easy access to an existing church. Beginning in the fall of 1919, a priest traveled to Bairdford twice a month to celebrate Mass in either a boarding house or a local public school. In April of 1922, the school refused to allow Mass in its building. The parish tried celebrating Mass in an open field, but after one week decided to use private homes. In June of 1922, the congregation procured a tent and used it for services until September. After September, the school relented and let the congregation resume use of their building.
These problems finding a place to celebrate the Mass let to a fund raising effort to build a church. Money was collected and work began on the church in 1923. The completed church was dedicated on October 7, 1923. Beginning in July of 1924, responsibility for St. Victor switched from the MCCD to St. Kilian in Mars.
In November 1947, St. Victor became an independent parish by the appointment of a resident pastor. In 1951, land was purchased for a new church. On September 9, 1951, ground was broken for a basement church. The cornerstone was laid on November 11, 1951. The last Mass in the original church was celebrated on September 15, 1952 and the new church was dedicated on September 21, 1952.
On November 22, 1970, ground was broken for the superstructure of the church building. The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on June 27, 1971, and the building was dedicated on December 12, 1971. The basement church was converted to classrooms for the CCD program. The church was later renovated in 1985.